Statement of Faith
Men’s Ministry Catalyst
Amended Statement of Faith
Board Resolution 2016-2
July 14, 2022
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who by indwelling the Christian, is then enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ
- We believe in the sanctity and protection of life both in the womb and in the last stages of life.
- We believe God established the family as the basic unit of society and through the family we can actively demonstrate the love of God to one another.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female in His image (Genesis 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological gender is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that in the Bible the term “marriage” means the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union. ( 2:18-25).
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman, within the bonds of marriage. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual behavior, transgenderism, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10). Because it is a sin of the flesh, when we become aware of such practices, within the staff, the board, or its volunteers we will follow the Matthew 18 process to seek repentance, reconciliation, and restoration. Our heart is always to restore people to God and the body of Christ. Any person who practices such behavior will no longer be eligible for the benefits of employment. Therefore, those known to be habitual and unrepentant in the practice of these behaviors will be denied access as well as revocation of employment or volunteering, together with the benefits that accrue there from.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11); therefore, our love of those living in sin or who aspire to be Christ-like is non-negotiable. We all have sinned and fallen short of His glory. We will love the sinner, but not support the sin.
- We believe, and the Bible teaches that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of our ministry.
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Men’s Ministry Catalyst as an international ministry and to provide a Biblical role model to others, it is imperative that all persons employed by Men’s Ministry Catalyst in any capacity, or who serve as board members or volunteers, agree to and abide by this Doctrinal Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
*This Statement of Faith cannot be amended by any board without the full consent of its founder Dr. Jim Grassi and Executive Director, Rev. Wendell Morton or in their place the founders heirs.