Dear MMC Ministry Prayer Partner,
The time for revival among men, is now. Whether this is the most challenging time in history, can certainly be debated, however, what cannot be debated that the need for men to be counted as Godly men has reached a critical level. Some recent stats on what happens when men do not take their place as the Spiritual leader of their family or abandon their family altogether is listed below this line. These stats are not from Barna or any other Christian organization. These stats are from the Federal Government of the United States– of all places.
The correlation between crime with father absence is enormous: According to the US Department of Justice report, “What Can the Federal Government Do To Decrease Crime and Revitalize Communities?”
Children from fatherless homes account for:
–63 percent of youth suicides.
–90 percent of all homeless and runaway youths
–85 percent of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders
–71 percent of all high school dropouts
–70 percent of juveniles in state-operated institutions
–75 percent of adolescent patients in substance abuse centers
–75 percent of rapists are motivated by displaced anger
These horrendous statistics just emphasize the devastating effect of fatherless homes on their children. It does not address the negative impact, or what could alternatively be an extremely positive impact on wives, neighbors, coworkers, and of course churches. Can you imagine the impact in this world and for eternity if men would become the men that God created us to be – authentic, biblically based men of God? The impact would be a revival, generational curses are broken for those yet to be born (Ps 78:5-7), needs to be met in communities, growing churches, and a crusade of disciples making other disciples. Please join Jim and me in earnest prayer for the men of this world. We know that any movement must be God-breathed change for transformation to occur. “If my people will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven and will heal their land”. II Chronicles 7:14
Praises and Prayer Requests:
- Jim’s latest book was just released: The title is The Great Shepherd, subtitled; A Psalm of Calm in Times of Chaos. This is written to anyone who needs encouragement from the Great Shepherd Himself. Anyone going thru any time of chaos or loss, will benefit from this encouraging book. It is from the perspective of a grandfather, which adds to the encouragement. The topic is of course Psalm 23.
- This book is now available thru our Website here: https://mensministrycatalyst.org/product/the-great-shepherd/ The price has been reduced by 25%. This will be an awesome Christmas gift for family or friends.
- Funding has remained amazing all year, despite a substantial increase in budget from last year.
- Pray that God would continue to raise additional Faith Partners going forward as we prepare for 2023. We will have another with a budget increase for new ministry opportunities in front of us.
- Kenya Pastors – by zoom. We had one session in July; however, we are planning two more in September on the 16 & 17. We had some technology challenges the first time.
- Pray that God would close technology gaps this time so the local pastors in Kenya can truly be blessed. We are training on discipleship and ministry to men.
- Central Nebraska Men’s Retreat – On September 10th, Jim and I will meet with a joint church effort in Central Nebraska of as many as 15 participating churches. These are farming community churches, which are typically small, so we are thrilled to be able to go share with these men in a day committed to become Fishers of Men.
- Pray God’s spirit to rest upon these men to the point where they are compelled to make new decisions, and recommit to existing decisions, and this broader community sees a move of God among men.
- Faith Partner Meeting in Northern Idaho – On September 23rd, as we are moving into the 42nd year of MMC, we are hosting a concert by Tom and Dan Grassi for our Faith Partners in Northern Idaho.
- Pray that God will continue to encourage our existing Faith Partners – their faithfulness and belief in what MMC is doing is incredible. We thank God for them daily.
- Pray that God will raise another group of faith partners that will support the next phase of MMC. There are God-given plans for the future that will take resources to deploy. We believe that as we continue to listen to and respond to the leading of God in the ministry, even more lives will be impacted for now and all eternity.
Your steadfast spirit in praying for this ministry is the bedrock and foundation for MMC. Everything we do must be drenched in prayer so God can Bless it, otherwise, it is only the work and will of man.
Bless you and yours as we move into the fall of 2022. Be intentional – be obedient – and know God wants to use your life to make an eternal difference in the lives of those around you.
Men’s Ministry Catalyst