Dear MMC Ministry Prayer Partner,
Interesting concept in my devotional time the last few days: Patience and endurance equal godly character, peace, and spiritual victory (Romans 5:3-4). The journey may not always be east – we struggle with diseases, inflation, war, and discord, to name just a few. We also have the promise in Hebrews 10:36 – you need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised. Let us hold to this truth as we move thru 2022. The year will advance, whether we be in victory or defeat. Thanks to the work of Jesus, I can choose victory thru His strength! Praise God!!
As the year moves forward there are tremendous ministry opportunities:
- March – We launched our Tip of the Week. Every week a one-minute read is sent out with one Big Idea about a men’s issue or men’s leadership concept. Over a year, each reader will have access to 52 ideas they may not have thought of, known about, or tried to execute. Our goal is inspiring ministry to men on a weekly with good/Godly ideas.
- May 5th – We launched our Act Like Men – Men’s Leadership Podcast. Five episodes were released to create excitement at once. If you did not receive them in your email, please follow this link to do so: https://mensministrycatalyst.org/podcasts/ or you can find it wherever you might consume podcasts. They will be released on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month, with a bonus episode on the months that have 5 Thursdays.
NEED: Please pray for those who listen: 1) To become inspired to make ministry to men a high priority in their local church, 2) Become more committed to being the man God created them to be 3) Share this content with their leadership team and their men.
- June 9 – Dr. Grassi will be in Colorado Springs speaking to a group called Men with a Purpose. This is a group that meets monthly and is primarily comprised of business owners and business leaders in the greater Colorado Springs area.
NEED: Pray that God will use Jim’s testimony and his call to Spiritual Mentoring to encourage these leaders to put the things of the spirit first and to fully engage in a spiritual mentoring process.
- June 11 – MMC conducts a Men’s Leadership Training in Colorado Springs. Praying that pastors and leaders of men will commit to leading their men to become authentic, biblically-based, disciple-makers.
NEED: 1) Pray that God would use those who are reaching out on our behalf to gather pastors and leaders of men to come to this inspiring day, 2) Pray for these pastors and leaders as they leave the training, to double up on the priority of ministry to men in their church.
- Dr. Jim Grassi – pray for Jim as he is writing a new book called The Watchman, out of Ezekiel. The enemy does not want this book to happen, speaking about needing watchman on the wall to call out evil and speak boldly about the perversion in our society. Jim is feeling a physical attack, which has happened before as he is writing against the evil one.
NEED: Pray for Jim for clarity as he writes, for physical protection from the attacks of the enemy, and for insight on how to write in a way that his audience will respond to the call.
- Relationship App: we are in some initial discussions with an organization that has developed a Relationship App. It has proven to be very effective in situations where it has been fully deployed. Couples that go thru this have found it to be very beneficial in uncovering unknown causes of conflict and to be very helpful in achieving greater acceptance of one another thru understanding communication. The reviews have been tremendous.
NEED: Pray that God gives us wisdom in a go-forward strategy. For too long men have been absent or marginalized in our core relationships. Men need to step up in our relationships with our wives, which leads to enhanced relationships with our children, even extending to the workplace, community, and of course our church. This is a tool that can provide great insight and conversation.
A reminder promise: Faithful is he who has called you; it is He who shall perform it. I Thessalonians 5:24
As I say every time:
You and your prayers are the foundation for MMC. You are needed and valued far more than you can understand. Please continue to hold us up in prayer. Bless you and yours!
Men’s Ministry Catalyst