Dear Prayer Partners,
It is January and every year we look forward with anticipation of what God is going to do. We also glance back briefly and are so humbled and honored to see what God did in and through MMC in 2023. It was a year filled with opportunities that we know happened because God blessed and especially honored this ministry. We are all so excited about the opportunities that God has brought to MMC.
In our previous letter, we asked you to pray for God to bless us financially to allow us to move with boldness in several areas this year. These are areas that we believe strongly that God is opening to us to be able to impact pastors, churches, and countries with invitations to lead and guide men at a transformational level. We want to thank God for His faithfulness directly and through His people who have committed prayer and finances that position us to move forward boldly. Pray for the resources to continue throughout 2024 as we move forward.
Let me list several initiatives for which we request focused prayer from you:
- Cohort Leadership Initiative: Cohort meetings are a collection of peers with a common interest and desire to pursue excellence. Wendell be leading a monthly gathering for 6-months for pastors and leaders of men who are committed to sharpening their skills and effectiveness in leading men. We wanted to keep the group small so we could create a personal experience with all the participants. The Goal was 10 pastors and leaders. To date, we are at 15 hand-selected cohorts who are passionate about reaching men for Christ. The training starts on January 23 and every 4th Tuesday thereafter through June.
Pray: God will catalyze and transform these leaders who have made this commitment to MMC. While the training is about learning, it is also about personal transformation for each of these men and those of us leading this program.
- Dr. Jim and Louise Grassi: Our founders are in Yuma, AZ for a few months to enjoy some warmer weather during the winter as they provide ministry in that area and Mexico.
Pray: May the Grassi’s impact the church leaders they connect with and for the ministry in their RV park area.
- Mazatlán Medical Mission: April 13-20; while not in Q1, it is important that you add this to your prayer list. There are a lot of details that need to come together to make this MMC Medical Mission successful. The goal here is to be an extension of the local churches and an agent of healing for those who may not be able to afford medical care. As an agent of the local churches, we hope this mission will be remembered for the compassion of Christ and the healing power He provides.
Pray: The local church we are working with will take care of the logistics and safety of the doctors and MMC staff.
- Moving MMC Resources from paper to digital: MMC will be moving our ministry forward by placing more of our resources in digital formats. Our books need to be in the Audible format, and our training needs to be available virtually as well. This will expand our reach to connect with pastors and leaders of men so they can get this material in a teaching format, without a live presenter. We are extremely excited about this additional format for our resources.
Pray: We need the appropriate partner with the expertise to lead us in the exciting transition of our resources, and the finances to start fast and strong, and keep the project going.
- Speaking Engagements: There are multiple speaking opportunities this first quarter of 2024 to connect with leaders and men in various parts of the country.
1. Colorado – January 13 & 20, as well as March 23.
2. Detroit – March 2
3. Buffalo – March 16 – Board Member Don Paterson
4. North Carolina – March 16 and April 20
- Scott Haima: We are blessed to be able to bring on Scott in a half-time capacity. For the last 14 years he has been a leader with a Christian organization called Christian Service Brigade (including being President). His organization has church men guide along a pathway for boys and young men on a journey to Christ and biblical manhood. He will be continuing his connection with pastors and with the leadership of Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Conferences in Detroit, Buffalo, and Rochester NY. He will also be a tremendous asset to MMC in reaching a market we have not currently impacted.
Pray: May God give Scott favor as he begins a journey with us to have a legacy impact on men for generations yet to be born – Ps 78:1-5
How we start as a ministry in this first quarter matters so much. We are humbled by the amount of ministry in front of us.
Pray for God’s favor and transforming grace to be part of everything we do in 2024! Without God – we are worthless in our efforts to impact men for eternity.
We thank you for your faithfulness in supporting this ministry in prayer. You make the difference through your prayers!
Men’s Ministry Catalyst