Dear MMC Ministry Prayer Partner,
David in Psalm 118:24 indicated that “this is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it”. This verse is powerful because it emphasizes that no matter what is going on around you, God is still the author and finisher of our faith and our life. As we begin each day, let us first focus on God, our Father, who is working thru us to bring the world to Himself. What a powerful thought as we look at the “stuff” in front of us for each day.
Both Jim and I trust your Holidays were filled with the ability to celebrate Jesus, who willingly became man so you and I can know that our sins are paid for, forgiven and that Heaven is our home. My wife Deb and I served in a couple of our Christmas Eve services at church. It was such a thrill to see men, women, and families gather to celebrate the birth of Jesus. As we were singing Silent Night, with just the voices in the sanctuary, and lifting the lighted candles in the air, you can see tears of joy running down faces and smiles of delight on the children’s faces as God’s spirit was touching lives. As 2022 progresses, let’s see how blessed we might be to see how God would use our lives to impact those around us.
Let me bring you up to date on a handful of crucial areas at Men’s Ministry Catalyst and humbly ask for your continued prayer focus as we move forward.
Year-End Giving: As you know we have been asking God to touch the lives of our donor base, and potential donor base, to provide the resources financially so we could move into 2022 with confidence that we were following His plan that we had prayerfully put together. PRAISE GOD that the people of MMC responded with the LARGEST YEAR-END GIVING – ever!! That is a huge vote of confidence that we are headed in the right direction. THANK YOU!! You are more of a blessing than you know.
New Initiatives: As has been shared, we are launching two new initiatives to expand the reach that we believe strongly God has for MMC, starting in 2022.
- Podcast – I am happy to report that we have recorded a handful of Podcasts. We will launch live as soon as some logistics are cleared up. I have recruited a Co-Host, who is well known in the Denver area for his strong leadership of a local ministry to men. NEED: we need an editor who can take time to clean up the recordings before we launch each one.
- Tip of the Week – the more I speak to leaders of men, I become more excited about this idea of putting a very short, key point, with some light supporting sentences. This will allow leaders of men to be able to focus for the week and add to a library of topics over time to assist them in their ministry with their men. NEED: Pray that God would bring along side of us, an author who desires to see this specific area grow and will partner with us in this journey.
- Denver Area Men’s Events – in November we met with a handful of pastors and men’s leaders in the Denver metro area. With an afternoon of discussion about the need to pull together and see how we can join together to have an even larger impact in each local church as well as in the community. We have targeted a March date for a day of training. NEED: pray that God would provide the vision for each pastor and leader of men who have committed to moving forward with this opportunity.
- Transfer much of the daily operations off of Jim and Louise and bring it to Denver. Update on two of the initiatives there. We have moved the accounting function to Denver, changing banks to easily facilitate that process. There is a very Godly, very competent bookkeeper who has taken over. She is a blessing. We are also transferring the sending out of materials that have been requested as well as the work of the monthly donor letter. This is in the process as we speak. Blessed again to have a very competent, very service-focused lady who is thrilled to be part of what we are doing at MMC. Pray that it goes smoothly and no one can tell there was a transition – except Jim and Louise.
- I (Wendell) am speaking this coming weekend (Jan 28-30) at a men’s event at a terrific church in Idaho. Pray that God would touch the hearts and lives of the men, as He has me during my preparation.
- Jim will be going back to Mt. Hermon, (Feb 18-21) where God turned his life upside down over four decades ago, and ultimately was the transformation to move him out of the Public Service into full-time ministry. It is not only a thrill for him to go back to where it started, but even more importantly pray God would use his teaching and his testimony to find the next Jim Grassi who can help turn their world upside down.
I am constantly reminded of the verse I used in December with you. It continues to provide the encouragement we all need daily: I Cor 1:9; The God who has called you into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ, is faithful.
Just a reminder that You and your prayers are the foundation for MMC. You are needed and valued far more than you can understand.
I thank my God every time I remember you; Phil 1:3. God bless you – Happy New Year!
Men’s Ministry Catalyst