Dear MMC Ministry Prayer Partner,
Here we are in August and momentum seems to be picking up on numerous issues for the fall of 2023. We are humbled and honored by the opportunities God is bringing our way. We can only accomplish what God wills for us, as you continue to cover us in prayer. We are so blessed to have you as prayer partners.
- Jim and Louise: In the last prayer letter we had requested prayer during their housing transition – They are downsizing to a smaller home in the same neighborhood. And God has done some amazing miracles. That is complete now and they will be moving in the middle of August. Thank you for your prayers!
- Jim spoke at a National Men’s Conference in Tecate Mexico in May, and it was humbling to be able to share God’s Word with them. It was encouraging to see the responsiveness of these men to the themes of Discipleship and Biblical Manhood. Many of those present committed to become Godly men.
- Wendell held a Pastor’s luncheon for a small group of pastors in the Denver Metro area. Out of those 12 pastors, 3 have committed to move forward strongly with ensuring their ministry focuses on guiding men to become authentic, biblically based men of God, and who lead others into the Kingdom.
- International Church Conference – Tecate, Mexico. August 3-6: Jim and Wendell will be speaking at this conference. They are expecting ~2,500 attendees. Wendell will speak to men, and Jim will be speaking to pastors.
Pray now that God convicts and inspires the hearts of all who attend. We pray pastors and men will come away with the conviction to make a difference in local communities through their churches.
- Men’s Leadership Training – It is very exciting to go back to where it all began in 1981. We have been invited to conduct a Regional Men’s Leadership Training at the home church of the Grassi’s when living in Castro Valley. Redwood Chapel is where the ministry was born and now
Pray for God to use the commitment of Redwood Chapel to inspire churches throughout the community and beyond to make disciples who make other disciples. Godly men create transformation in their families, their workplaces, their community, and of course their church.
- Sowers Evangelistic Association – Archbishop Daniel Moses Kulola –Sept 11-27 MMC was invited and accepted the invite to speak at a men’s conference in Mwanza, Tanzania on September 15-17. This Bishop currently has 100 churches in his purview, with a clear vision to get another1,000 churches in 5 years. Wendell and Don Paterson, MMC Board Member, will be attending. Don has extensive African experience from his time with World Vision. Following the conference Wendell and Don will be traveling to two different hubs where we will conduct general evangelistic services in Biharamulo and Bukoba.
Pray for revival in Africa. There is tremendous spiritual hunger among men.
Pray for donor(s) to help support our ability to work closely with this Archbishop. We believe this is where we need to be as a ministry even recognizing it is an un-budgeted expense.
- Staff Addition – We know God has a man or denomination out there for us to help move this ministry forward. We need God’s guidance on a person or organization who have a passion for the local church and willing to walk in faith to further the mission of this historic, blessed, and life-changing ministry.
- 2024 – Be careful that you do not get unsettled as I bring up 2024; however, we are developing plans and initiatives for another productive year of ministry. Praise God!
Pray– We desire God’s wisdom, favor and abundance as we earnestly seek His Will for MMC in 2024 and beyond.
It is not said tritely that your prayers are the foundation of this ministry. It is not about our performance or great strategy. It is about the hand of God moving on the hearts of pastors, leaders of men, and the men of their churches.
We ask for your prayer support because every man deserves a chance to become an authentic, biblically based man of God.
With sincere appreciation for your faithfulness in prayer! How can we pray for you? Have you directed your pastor or men’s leader to our website https://mensministrycatalyst.org?
Men’s Ministry Catalyst