Book: Act Like Men – Be Strong
For a limited time, enter code MMC0001 at checkout for additional savings!
Book: Act Like Men – Be Strong
by Dr. Jim Grassi
Dr. Jim Grassi, in cooperation with Promise Keepers, brings you a provocative, dynamic, and challenging book. This book pulls back the veil on the elements of our culture that aggressively seek to neuter masculinity, calling it “toxic.” On Fox News, Mark Steyn discussed a government research paper that blames “toxic masculinity” for many social ills including – global warming! ACT LIKE MEN – BE STRONG clearly rings the alarm on why we need men to return to authentic biblical manhood. And a call back to manhood is a call to discipleship with Jesus Christ. This book is a guide to inspire men to re-engage as the spiritual leaders of their homes, in their churches, and within their communities.
Unfortunately, today being a strong and capable man is seen as offensive. “MAN UP” is mistakenly associated with brash males who have a false bravado, who are overly controlling, bullies, and chauvinistic. These guys believe the myth that real men are too manly to love, too prideful to say “I am sorry,” too preoccupied to serve, too narcissistic to care, or too macho to show humility. Men of great character, integrity, and faith are being called to “Man Up” to a critical culture that has lost its moral and spiritual compass under the guise of being politically correct and socially relevant
What Does it Mean to Man Up and be a Godly Man?
Promise Keepers Promises of a Godly Man
A Godly Man is a Man:
- Committed to honoring Jesus Christ through worship, prayer and obedience to God’s Word in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Committed to pursuing vital relationships with a few other men, understanding that he needs brothers to help him keep his promises.
- Committed to practicing spiritual, moral, ethical, and sexual purity.
- Committed to building strong marriages and families through love, protection and biblical values.
- Understands that Jesus calls him to be His hands and feet, serving others with integrity. He purposely lifts up the leadership of the church and his nation in prayer.
- Committed to reaching beyond any racial and denominational barriers to demonstrate the power of biblical unity.
- Committed to influencing his world, being obedient to the Great Commandment and the Great Commission.
In 10 easy-to-read chapters Act Like Men – Be Strong provides a roadmap on how to Man-UP and be a Godly Man
- Spend 15 minutes a day reading a chapter (finish in 10 days)
- Meet with at least one other man and discuss the book. (Each chapter features discussion questions.)
- Pray with and for each other.
- Share with each other how God is working in your life, restoring your manhood.
- Start a Bible study.
- Signup for Men’s Ministry Catalyst free Weekly Devotionals.
- Follow MMC on Facebook to receive updates on new books and events.
What You Will Learn
- The characteristics of biblical manhood
- How manhood is developed
- How you can positively influence your family, workplace, and culture right now
- How you can pass the manhood baton to future generations
- A strategy for reshaping your life and the lives of other men
- How to experience joy and hope in a contrary culture
Promise Keepers Conference - Dallas, TX - July 31 - August 1
Learn How to Live a Godly Life by Being Transformed and Encouraged by Other Men
Join other men on the journey of becoming a better husband, father, and servant of the King at the Promise Keepers Dallas Conference from July 31-August 1.
You will connect with other men on the same journey, hear dynamic speakers, and obtain resources to help you better understand what biblical manhood looks like. You will leave the conference with a renewed commitment to serve the Lord by living a life of significance and joy.