Dr. James E. Grassi
About Dr. Jim Grassi
Dr. James (Jim) Grassi is the Founder and President of the culturally strategic Men’s Ministry Catalyst and Let’s Go Fishing Productions Foundation. As an award-winning author and communicator, he emphasizes evangelism and discipleship (spiritual mentoring) in his messages, teachings, writings, and social media content. He has been on the frontlines of ministry to men for almost four decades. In a fresh and dynamic approach to presenting the Gospel, Jim utilizes his background as a business leader, hall-of-fame outdoorsman and writer, college professor, and international speaker to discuss timely topics that impact his audiences. His passion is to help develop spiritual mentors who want to fulfill The Great Commission (Matt. 28:18-20). In the capacity of a volunteer chaplain, he is being utilized by police and fire departments and professional football teams as a character coach and spiritual motivator.
Men’s Ministry Catalyst
Jim is the Founder/President of the culturally relevant and biblically-based Men’s Ministry Catalyst, an organization he incorporated in 1981.
Award Winning Author
He is an award winning author of thirteen books, including:
Jim has also written numerous magazine articles, booklets, and tracts.
TV and Radio
Jim has been featured on several outdoor television shows and numerous Christian television and radio programs including: The 700 Club, Fox News, New Zealand TV, Hour of Power, Carol Lawrence Show, Cornerstone Television, Southern Baptist Television- Cope, Chicago Television 38, The Dick Staub Show, Getting Together, In Fisherman, Fishing Tales, Jimmy Houston Outdoors, and Home Life. Men’s Ministry Moment, the first Monday of the month at 6 – 7am, on KYMS 89.9, (Northern Idaho and Eastern Washington).
Jim is a member of the following associations:
The International Platform Association
Sports Outreach of America
Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame
Professional Athletes Outreach
Outdoor Writers Association of America
Greater Spokane Area Evangelicals
Awards / Recognition
- National Coalition of Ministries to Men 2012 Men’s Ministry of the Year Award.
- International Who’s Who for his efforts in strengthening America’s families and religious heritage.
- In 1996 the Religious Heritage of America Foundation awarded Jim the prestigious Faith and Freedom Award for his work in creating followers of Christ and strengthening America’s families.
- Two of his books received the Silver Angel Award and one of his books, Guts Grace and Glory received the coveted Hallmark branding.
Jim was born and reared in the San Francisco Bay Area and received his B.S. in Recreation/Park Administration, an M.P.A. from California State University-Hayward, and a Doctor of Ministry from Columbia Evangelical Seminary. Jim and his wife, Louise, make their home in Post Falls, Idaho. They have two grown sons in full-time ministry, Dan and Tom.
Speaker / Teacher
- Dr. Grassi teaches classes on a variety of subjects including: discipleship, character building, public speaking, freshwater fishing, archery, and grand parenting. Jim’s motivational approach coupled with his wisdom, contagious enthusiasm, and sense of humor connect with people of various cultures and backgrounds. His practical approach to teaching Biblical truth has captivated audiences around the world. Jim uses a multi-media ministry to motivate participants towards a greater understanding and appreciation for evangelism, discipleship, and the development of vibrant men’s ministries.
- As a recognized award winning Christian author, pastor, and former part time college professor, Dr. Grassi is called upon by pastors, men’s ministry leaders, educators, and conferences as a plenary speaker and workshop leader for numerous events. His background as a men’s ministry leader, business professional, Hall of Fame Fisherman, Record Book Big Game Archer, and former NFL Chaplain provides a wealth of experience to draw upon for his presentations.
- Considered one of the most versatile outdoorsman in America, he is in high demand to be the Master of Ceremonies for numerous sport shows, television programs, and hunting/fishing events throughout the West.
- Jim has trained people to become public speakers and equips them to present their message in a concise way. Grassi is especially competent in assisting business leaders, athletes, and outdoorsmen in how to best position their message for the greatest impact. Grassi also enjoys the opportunity to meet with younger people in casual atmospheres (fishing, hunting, golfing, etc.) to discuss character-building ideas and biblical values.
For booking information contact Dr. Jim Grassi
by email or phone: (208) 660-2550
- Many people are short-sighted on developing a life plan that incorporates realistic and practical goals and objectives. Dr. Grassi’s life experiences provide him a unique set of skills to assist others in identifying their true potential while developing new skill-sets that help them find purpose and peace in their lives.
- He has been a life coach to many executives, professional athletes and coaches. His thought provoking metaphors and biblical illustrations help a person discover God’s plan for their lives. Jim has helped several prominent leaders become more successful and fulfilled. His teachings on character development and legacy building have been used by teams like the Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers, and companies like Cobalt Boats.
- Dr. Grassi has served in the capacity of chaplain for two NFL teams (Raiders and San Francisco 49’s) and the Post Falls Idaho Police Department.
Grassi’s newest book titled Finishing Well Finishing Strong published by Thomas Nelson helps a person identify a vision for utilizing their God given gifts and abilities.
- Dr. Grassi has worked with both Protestant and Catholic churches helping them create dynamic church growth models and vibrant men’s ministry programs. His experience in serving as a consultant to numerous churches and senior pastors provides him with insights into the challenges most churches face. He utilizes the unique church growth tools created by his Men’s Ministry Catalyst team to guide struggling church’s in innovative ways to encourage, equip, and empower its members to better understand God’s purpose and plan for reaching their community.
- Dr. Grassi meets with the pastor, members of your board, and provides a church assessment tool to help the pastor more effectively utilize the spiritual gifts and talents of his congregation. After assessing the congregation Dr. Grassi will provide suggestions on how the leadership of the church can better serve and equip the body for dynamic self-growth and evangelism.
- Dr. Grassi will help focus the body on what it means to be an effective disciple (spiritual mentor) and how to utilize their personal gifts to impact a community for the cause of Christ.
“Dr. Jim Grassi has made outstanding contribution that will
assist churches with biblical thinking, practical tools, and innovative resources
that empower men while challenging them to become disciple-making mentors.”
− Senior Pastor Jim Putman,
Real Life Ministries/Discipleshift
Dr. Grassi has provided Men’s Ministry Catalyst Ministry Programs in Canada, Israel, and New Zealand. His approach to discipleship (spiritual mentoring) uniquely penetrates various cultures while staying true to scriptural principles. He has worked with various Christian ministries and radio and television programs throughout the years. His Discipleship Workshops have help stimulate spiritual revivals in New Zealand.
Jim Grassi the Outdoorsman
Considered one of the most versatile outdoorsman in America, he is in high demand to be the Master of Ceremonies for sport shows, television programs, corporate meetings and hunting/fishing events. He utilizes his vast international fishing and hunting experiences as metaphors and anecdotes in his talks and writings to both secular and Christian groups. He has authored four books and several messages that utilize fishing and hunting real life experiences to connect people with biblical thinking. Jim’s motivational approach coupled with his wisdom, contagious enthusiasm, and sense of humor connect with people of various cultures and backgrounds.
Hall of Fame Fisherman
The National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame short list of 2007 Inductees included Dr. Jim Grassi, a resident of Post Falls, Idaho. From the estimated 40 million fishermen in the country Jim was acknowledged by his peers for his accomplishments as a researcher, educator, outdoor writer, tournament fishermen, television fishing program co-host, and tackle designer. Being selected by this prestigious organization as one of approximately 380 anglers to be inducted into the Museum Rotunda located in Hayward, Wisconsin is a great honor.
Record Bow Hunter
Jim has taken some world-class animals with his bow. He is a member of Safari Club International and has placed several animals in the SCI Record Book – Top 10.